hatchery bratts!

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

hatchery bratts!

Postby SCHANKER » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 am

okay nelly, sam ingram told me last night that the bratt program is done. only the sky. no more fortson etc. is this true that the state shut everything down. he said all the bratts that are around are getting dumped into lakes. got any feedback on this? and here you go, i posted this without calling you. HA! drool
SCHANKER
Window Licker

Re: hatchery bratts!

Postby Nelly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Hey Schanker,
Sadly, that is the truth.
This season will be the final run of Chambers Creek stock in all of our area rivers with the exception of the Skykomish system.
The WFC or Wild Fish Conservancy sued WDFW earlier this spring and WDFW's settlement included the release of these hatchery steelhead into regional lakes rather than the rivers to which they were destined.

For a little more background see these Forum topics posted earlier this year:

Who is the WFC?
http://theoutdoorline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2213

Please Support Puget Sound Recreational Steelhead Fishing!
http://theoutdoorline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2231

By the time you read through these threads, you'll have a better grasp of the situation but you will not feel any better about the theft of hatchery fish by the WFC. beatdeadhorse
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: hatchery bratts!

Postby SCHANKER » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:16 pm

so basically in 2 winters after this the fortson hole days are done unless we get some three or four salt fish still coming back but highly unlikely? this is what i want to do with wdfw and wfc. 50cal thanks for the feedback. drool
SCHANKER
Window Licker

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion