Marine Area 9: Fishin' Just Fine!

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Re: Marine Area 9: Fishin' Just Fine!

Postby Nelly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:12 pm

We started the MA 9 season with a four-fish day and sure enough, on our final day on this fine fishery, we ended up with the same score.

Left to right, Al Vickery, "The Duke" and the SFD's Chief A.D. Vickery with today's load of chinook!
aALDAD.jpg
aALDAD.jpg (51.47 KiB) Viewed 5866 times

The first fish hit a spoon at 75 feet at first light and the rest bit while dragging the balls in the dirt.
Here's hoping the final three days of the season are as good as these last few were to us! cheers

Our next report will come -hopefully- from Bouy 10 on the Columbia River! rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby nascarrich60-1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:05 pm

I was out there at first light also. Started just South of Eglon Park, trolled North using a 5" Silver Horde AceHi Plug. Dropped the gear to 120 FT moving into deeper/shallower water and got the take-down just North of Eglon. One for three hookups using this plug since the season opened, nothing better!
nascarrich60-1
Pollywog

Postby tantastic84 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Nicely done! If you dont mind me asking, do you have a rubber band wrapped around that plug? Are you implementing the "bead chain" trick?

Also, does anyone run the ace hi plugs with the tow key removed?
tantastic84
Pollywog

Postby nascarrich60-1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm

tantastic84 wrote:Nicely done! If you dont mind me asking, do you have a rubber band wrapped around that plug? Are you implementing the "bead chain" trick?

Also, does anyone run the ace hi plugs with the tow key removed?

The rubber band is to keep the leader around the plug! I've not read where the "Tow Key" is removed from this style of Plug.
nascarrich60-1
Pollywog

Postby spencerw » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:31 am

Nicely done! This was an enjoyable thread. It was cool to see what all of you were doing, what you were using, where you were, etc. Cheers!
Woods
Edgewood, WA
spencerw
Pollywog

Postby Odie » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:51 am

We limited this morning in less than 2 hours. We were using Green Echip flasher with a green splatter back Ace High. Fish were caught within 15 minutes of each other.

It was a bumper boat fiesta at Pilot this morning.
Odie
Pollywog

Previous

Return to Fishing Reports