Anti-Hatchery Group Called On The Carpet This Week!

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Anti-Hatchery Group Called On The Carpet This Week!

Postby Nelly » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:57 am

The group that sued the State of Washington to eliminate steelhead hatchery plants in Puget Sound region has been called to testify and explain their actions in front of the Washington State Senate Natural Resources & Parks Committee on Tuesday July 29 at 10:00am.

Public testimony will be heard and if you cannot attend, please fill out this CCA Voter Voice and express your thoughts about the Wild Fish Conservancy who uses tax payer money and donations to sue the State Government to reduce our fishing opportunities.

https://www.votervoice.net/CCAPNW/Campaigns/36770/Respond
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Anti-Hatchery Group Called On The Carpet This Week!

Postby Cavex » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Nelly,
Can you also give the address for those of us who have never been to the State Parks Office, Room numbers anything else that can help us get there?
Cavex
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 am

Hey C,
Welcome aboard and I hope you can attend this meeting!
The meeting is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to noon, in Cherberg Hearing Room 1.
Here is a link with directions and parking: http://www.leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/Parking.aspx
Once you get on the Capitol Campus there are signs and directions to the Cherberg hearing room rockon
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby wwu_lax » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:24 am

so how did it go??
wwu_lax
Pollywog

Postby Rock » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:53 am

http://www.tvw.org/index.php?option=com ... 2014070046

Here is the link to the meeting.

Very long. I have watched about an hour and a half so far and it has been interesting. Giving me a better understanding of what is going on.
Rock
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks a bunch for posting that Rock!

There is some real meat there including the part where Jamie Glasgow "Director of Science" of the Wild Fish Conservancy (Gimme a break, he has a M.S. in Fisheries from the U.W.) said that the only hatchery that the WFC would support "would be a CLOSED hatchery".

Clueless...Completely clueless. bangheadwall
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Duckhunter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:14 am

I'm somewhat new into fishing over the last five years or so, and not much of a steelheader. The WFC kept stating science as a reason but actually put forth very little in their testimony. With Puget Sound being very unique is there any river in the sound that has stopped hatchery production, and population of wild stocks boomed? Chambers Creek fish have little interactions with wild fish aswell, correct? Seems like NOAA is intentionally leaving the state vulnerable. Also where was Nelly I watched for 3 hours for some knowledge to be dropped (or elbows)? I think it's irresponsible to compare rivers in any other environments to the ones right here in the Sound.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements