360 Whidbey Trip

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

360 Whidbey Trip

Postby Jeff Nance » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:50 pm

I headed out Friday from Everett, and dropped a line at MCB on the nice tide, but it was not happening there...moved to Eastern and picked up one there about 10lbs, motored over to Hein to catch the tale end of the ebb, and picked up another legal one around 7lbs. We pulled the lines around noon, made our way to Friday Harbor where we stayed the night. While trolling at Hein we saw Orcas, and saw two different Minke whales...my buddy Dan was looking at me with his back to the water talking about something I don't recall...he saw my eyes get big :o , then my finger pointing to the enormous whale that just came up next to us that was only feet away. :shock: We decided to head back out for the evening bite at Pilot Pt, and not one take down quite the yawner, but the nice evening and good music beat hanging out back at the dock. I finished out the weekend heading out today with my two boys. We launched at 10am and had our lines in the water by 10:30am on the outer bar at Possession. It was not long before we had a take down at 175ft. :shock: I thought we were in for a great day...but it fizzed out fast and nothing for the rest of the day. We were marking a lot of fish between 200ft and 250ft...my son Tyler took a snap shot of the screen.
Attachments
Lowrance Image.jpg
Lowrance Snap-Shot
Lowrance Image.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Dan's Fish.jpg
Eastern Bank
Dan's Fish.jpg (140.13 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
Tyler's King.jpg
Nice Possession King
Tyler's King.jpg (133.2 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Re: 360 Whidbey Trip

Postby Nelly » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:28 am

Love seeing the whales out on the Straits!
Also, your observation of deeper running fish is very interesting spy
We are going to try the west side of San Juan later this week and that may well be our "whale watching" opportunity!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports