Bouy 10 Camping Options

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Bouy 10 Camping Options

Postby jspecc » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Hey Nelly,

During your interview with Eric Linde this morning you mentioned setting up your camping arragnements...where do you recommend staying? I realize I'm way late to the game, but I'm hoping to make my first attempt at the Bouy 10 fishery August 10-12 and have been a major slacker setting up lodging arrangments.
jspecc
Pollywog

Re: Bouy 10 Camping Options

Postby Jeff Nance » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:03 am

The KOA in Warrenton is a great spot if you can get in there. I would call to see if anyone has canceled....I have had success on the Washington side, I would not recommend launching in Ilwaco if you have a small boat. It can be a rough ride back in the afternoon if the ebb tide and the winds kick up. I would launch up the road in Chinook. Good luck.
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Postby jspecc » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff...I ended up sliding into a spot at Kampers West in Warrenton... feeling pretty lucky to get a spot on such short notice.
jspecc
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Here's another great location that has a cabin available the third week of August which is PRIME TIME!!
http://www.astoriaoregonrvpark.com/
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Bomber » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Don't you need a Oregon license to process fish on the Oregon side
Bomber
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Nope, if you fish from a boat, you benefit from Washington and Oregon's reciprocity agreement.
As long as you have a valid license from either state and you've legally harvested fish from a boat, you can possess and process your Columbia River catch on either river bank.
Bouy ten! Can't wait!!! gears
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Bomber » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Nelly wrote:Nope, if you fish from a boat, you benefit from Washington and Oregon's reciprocity agreement.
As long as you have a valid license from either state and you've legally harvested fish from a boat, you can possess and process your Columbia River catch on either river bank.
Bouy ten! Can't wait!!! gears

Shoot I wish I would of researched that earlier, oh well my first time to buoy ten since 02! I have a spot at eagles nest resort. Will be fishing the 7th-11th!!!!

Thanks Nelly
Bomber
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion