Area 10 - WDFW Photo Posted 6/19/15

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Area 10 - WDFW Photo Posted 6/19/15

Postby Sandlance » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:28 pm

See recent photo and comments on this Facebook posting (if still posted - currently 2nd post on right hand side)

https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFishWildlife

:cry:
Last edited by Sandlance on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandlance
Pollywog

Re: Area !0 - WDFW Photo Posted 6/19/15

Postby Nelly » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:28 pm

That's a nice Marine Area 10 hatchery fish and here's hoping this is a one year blip on the area closure radar.
One would think that WDFW would know better than to rub salt into our collective "wound"... :(
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Area !0 - WDFW Photo Posted 6/19/15

Postby olympic » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Leave it to the WDFW to not give any thought to posting a photo like that! The message between the lines to me reads: "here is a nice King that you can't legally retain, but the Muckleshoots can!" I hope you are right Nelly that this will be a 1 year blip, but I believe the Muckleshoots will try it again because they can get away with it. Something has to be done big time before this gets out of hand and we sports will not be able to retain summer kings in areas 9 and 10. Plus the WDFW wants to raise our license fees, and diminishing opportunity! That will send even more folks to Alaska and Canada! I hope you will keep this "on the table" with the WDFW and encourage them to work to reform the NOF. I believe that is overdue. For full disclosure, I belong to CCA, PSA (Gig Harbor) and TOA boating club. Olympic
olympic
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion