fishing license for non fisherman?

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

fishing license for non fisherman?

Postby Fishee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:49 pm

So I want to take my nephew out to fish sometime this weekend or maybe next weekend. I know for a fact that the kid don't need a license because he's only 3.5 years old. But what if the Dad wants to come and tag along? The dad will not be fishing but he will be taking video/pictures and such.

Is the Dad require to have a fishing license? The kid will only be trout fishing.

And yes, I already have mine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Fishee
Pollywog

Re: fishing license for non fisherman?

Postby Chef Patrick » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:31 pm

So long as he doesn't have a fishing rod, or you don't take more than the limit for you and the boy, I believe you are fine.
Chef Patrick
Pollywog

Re: fishing license for non fisherman?

Postby greenfishnut » Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 am

Information below is obtained from WDFW website
Everyone age 15 and up needs a license to fish in Washington.
You do not need a license if you are fishing for common carp, crawfish, bullfrogs, smelt, or unclassified marine invertebrates. See the WDFW Licensing website for all details about residents, non-residents, etc.
If a person is behind child-support payments, it is likely that his or her privileges to fish in Washington are suspended. The person will not be able to purchase a fishing license in Washington. The Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Child Support, is responsible for enforcing child-support laws and maintaining records of parents who are behind on child-support payments. If a person has questions, he or she should contact DSHS toll-free at 1-800-457-6202 or visit the Division of Child Support website.

Do I need a fishing license if I'm just helping my child or others to fish?
If you are only watching, you do not need a fishing license. However, if you are directly assisting and participating, you will need the appropriate fishing license.

greenfishnut
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion