Lowrance questions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Lowrance questions

Postby Jeff Nance » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:34 pm

I would have to disagree. That Structure Scan which enables side imaging puts more fish in the box, and to be able to tell the difference between a fish feeding on a ball of bait from just a ball of bait is huge. The transducer makes all the difference. thumbup I can tell at the bottom where shrimp are hanging out, and where they are not. Do you need thousands of dollars in electronics to fish...no, but you can improve your catch ratio if you truly know how to use all the tools in your box. I love a nice boat ride, but the ride is all the better with fish in the box! Give me a little Rick Flair - Woooo!
Attachments
Rick Flair.jpg
Rick Flair.jpg (45.15 KiB) Viewed 9899 times
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Postby salvelinus » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Jeff
I see your rick flair and raise you a "can U smell what the Rock is cookin". However, I was talking about CHIRP transducers and not structure scan. Personally, I wish that I would follow my own advice, but I am enamored with all the new shiny toys and find myself switching out electronics like they are dirty socks.
edj
salvelinus
Pollywog

Postby salmonhunter1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:41 pm

You I understand what your both saying, the system I'm looking into investing will coat me about 4k. But my biggest cost is going to be the Gps/ Radar unit. The fishfinder unit will have size scan and a 50/200 transducer. But here is where I'm having problems and I'm doing lots of reading and research........ Lowrance or Garmin ........... I know my screen size will be 7 to 8" in size. But as to what units I'm sitting on my wallet until I am for sure. But I do know I want it soon lol. beatdeadhorse
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby salmonhunter1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:46 pm

And about buying something new and the time you get it, it's already outdated... That goes along with computers, cell phones and cars. You can either buy some right off the presses and enjoy it or buy last years model and not be able to upgrade it a year later and have to start replacing outahere outahere
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby Jeff Nance » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:26 am

I love the raise! If you can hold out until Jan, the boat show is coming up, and you should be able to talk to all the reps, play with all the toys, and possibly get a boat show special on a package. Last year the show conflicted with the Seahawks playoff game....this year it looks like they got smart and have the show starting a week after the NFC Championship game, nice work! thumbup
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Postby salmonhunter1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:41 pm

You are so correct Jeff if I can hold on to that long. I'm maybe guessing that Tom can also get me in touch with some one. :D
It's just like Ford vs Chev. ....... FYI I'm a ford guy. Every likes what they like and know one can change there mind... We'll I have always had Garmin but I am going into this opened minded and I want the best I can afford. And the top 2 are Lowrance 50cal Garmin.
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby salmonhunter1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:22 pm

But I need to say this. I trust what Tom say pretty much he knows what he's talking about. But if anyone has a voice on why they use a newer model of Lowrance or Garmin I am all ears.
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby salmonhunter1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:41 pm

Was kinda hoping someone would have posted something by now. :oops:
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby salmonhunter1 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Lowrance Point-1 GPS Antenna
Item Added on 9/26/2014
move to wishlist delete
NVX11047001 $199.95 $199.95

Lowrance HDS-7M Gen2 Touch GPS Chartplotter
Item Added on 9/26/2014
move to wishlist delete
NV10761001 $679.95 $679.95

Lowrance HDS 7 Gen2 Touch Fishfinder/Chartplotter with 50/200khz Transducer
Item Added on 9/26/2014
move to wishlist delete
NV10766001 $999.95 $999.95

Navico StructureScan HD Transom Mount Transducer
Item Added on 9/26/2014
move to wishlist delete
NVX10802 $289.95 $289.95

This is what I'm thinking about
salmonhunter1
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Looks like you've got a solid system lined up there SH!
When you start talking brands of Marine Electronics, it's helpful to look at networking and expandability.
In other words, if you see something, another feature, function or upgrade that you want in your particular installation, which brand allows you to easily improve or add on?

In my mind, that's a huge advantage with Lowrance/Simrad. In fact, Lowrance has recently come out with a touch screen autopilot and the only module you need to add is a hydraulic pump and control box.
Nothing is more frustrating that making a sizeable investment in your electronics only to turn around and see it become obsolete.
Lowrance is ahead of the curve and is constantly making software updates available on their website to ensure that their equipment is always on the cutting edge while remaining very user friendly.
Good luck with your buying process and if you need any help in spec- ing out a system let me know! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion