Whitetail Beware, Mia and I are all in!

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Whitetail Beware, Mia and I are all in!

Postby Salmonhawk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 am

My daughter Mia has been talking about hunting for awhile so when I saw a youth hunt on the auction at the Sea-Tac CCA banquet last night I figured this was my chance. I was emceeing the auction so I had my wife do the bidding. With a look and a wink after each successive raise we hung in there and won the trip. Here is what we got: Northwest Hunting Addicts donated one youth archery white tail hunt in Eastern Washington with Harvey Creek Archery. The hunt includes 3 days at camp and a guide.
I know we have our work cut out for us, I haven't gone deer hunting since I was a small kid, plus when I told Mia about it she asked what hotel we were staying at. Let's see, were gonna need cammo, bow, tags, and lot's of practice. I need some good advice from you guys and I will keep this thread updated on our progress.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Re: I guess I'm all in!!

Postby Nelly » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:35 pm

I think this is a great opportunity for you and your daughter.
The first thing you need to do it get a bow for her, one for yourself, a target and start practicing. You'll find the practice very enjoyable and a chance for a little "friendly" competition...if there is such a thing in the Tobeck household.... :D

Oh, and some extra arrows might be nice as well. :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: White Tail Beware!!

Postby Robbo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Well I'll be go ta hell...Tobeck is going hunting. He fell for the ol' puppy dog eyes trick. Pretty darn cool if you axe me and I hope Mia knows that there are a lot of women joining the sport of hunting right now. She should check out Jana Waller's website sometime. The women's got some serious game...literally :!:

OE and Sportco both have short range targets backstage so you can shoot the bows and get one that fits. Keep us posted on the progress :) :)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Salmonhawk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

I just got off the phone with Thomas with NW Hunting Addicts, he spends much of his time getting kids out to hunt and fish. Mia and I get to be recipients of his generosity and dedication to promoting the outdoors. I told him that he is working with some beginners and he's already agreed to to meet us at some point this spring for some lessons. Lot's of work to do here but I'm looking forward to it.

Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Bucket » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Well I'll be darned! Send pictures then I'll be a believer.
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby stam » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I bowhunted for years before the fire was quenched by the rivers that hold our steelhead, it's an amazing sport that once it gets under your skin will change you forever, the personal aspect of actually seeing an arrow slip through the hide of your target is so much different than the long range disconnect of the rifle, if you want to be a part of the great outdoors and not just a spectator....bowhunting will take you deeper than anything else I've experienced, I went from compound to recurve, to homemade recurve, to longbow, to self bows made from yew and obsidian points..... Keep us posted, and be careful, it's a strange door you're opening.
model citizen....zero discipline
stam
Pollywog

Postby Team_NWHA_MIFSUD » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:56 pm

So you have now heard that we donated two youth hunts for CCA . (many more to come) Rob was the lucky enough to get one of these great hunts.We will be filming this later in 2011.
First thing is we are getting him and his daughter set up with two new Athens bows and we will teach them each how to shoot straight and great. Well at least we know Mia will do good. We have to make sure Rob will not try to tye hooks on the bow strings and catch the deer. :?

To give you some insight on who we are and what we are doing please read below and check us out on facebook with both our profile page nwha mifsud and our fan page team nwha.

If you haven't already gone to http://www.afterthesnap.net/ and voted for us (Team NWHA) in the poll on the right column

The voting deadline is March 31 .Please share this link with your friends, family, coworkers - post it on your wall,send it out as a message,email it to,p...eople who are not on Facebook.

Thank you so much,

Sincerely,
Team NWHA
Team_NWHA_MIFSUD
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 am

Do those deers over there like cigars :)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Salmonhawk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 am

The deer might not like cigars but I'll sure light one up when we get one.

I'm not sure about rigging a hook but I've seen guys shoot carp with their bow, might be some good practice. Again, a special thanks to Thomas and by the way, I just voted for you guys.

Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Re: Taking Mia Hunting!

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Well we just got our new bows from Athens Archery and we love'em. Thomas came out and gave us some instruction, here is a blog and video of both.

http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/post/201 ... ows!!.aspx

http://video.theoutdoorline.com/view_vi ... c54d29ed40

Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Return to Hunting Camp Forum